Happy Valentine’s Day from us!We hope you have day filled with small and big memories. I am planning on making heart pancakes for the boys today! It’s the first time I am home with the kids on Valentine’s Day.
Elliott and I made treat bags for his pre-K class and made some crayon hearts. We put some pencils, sharpeners, stickers and the hearts in the bags and of course Elliott’s Valentine’s card. I tried to melt different crayons in a tin and then add it the silicon form. That took more patience than I actually had :). Also boiling water with kids, I always get a bit nervous about the heat. I ended up breaking the crayons in different small pieces and just layed them into the form and used a hairdryer to melt them. That was a lot faster than melting each individual color.It’s quiet fun to see how each individual heart turns out and none of them are same. Enjoy your day! May it be filled with love and lots of crafts <3
Germany is playing the US today! Go Germany Go! I am a huge Soccer fan, so I’ve followed the World Cup prhttp://madebylili.com/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=categoryetty consistently.
The Seattle weather usually needs a long sleeve shirt and because we already had a short sleeve German Shirt (Thank you Oma und Opa), I created a long sleeve one. I love the German Jersey and took it as an inspiration. Of course the weather has been absolut beautiful and warm, so no long sleeve shirt need.
Elliott will wear it in the morning when it’s still a little *fresh* (as we Germans like to call it) outside. I am glad I made the shirt a little bigger, so maybe we can wear it for other occasions. It’s the first time, that I did a V-neck and arrows. It’s a lot more tricky than I thought it would be. So the corners are not perfect, but I am happy with the results.
I used my usual Shirt pattern (yes, it’s time to post the images of all the Shirts I have made in the last couple months) and copied the front piece and arm piece and just cut them apart and layed them on the fabric. I’ve added seam allowance to the pieces I’ve cut apart and left the rest the same. I did add a little more seam allowance to the black stripe underneath the arm, to have more visibility.
I was super lucky to find the star and soccer Patches on Sale. These are Iron-Ons, which you are not supposed to wash. But I just appliqued them to the fabric, so that they will endure the Washer and Dryer.I first wanted to add the Soccer ball underneath the Stars, but the dimensions weren’t correct.